-->

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 4. Day 308. Oh what a tangled web we weave

Two letters. That's it. Should be easy.
But I'm just a girl who can't say no ...... at least in those moments that follow the words "can I ask you a favour?"
As a believer in "what-goes-around-comes-around" I rarely refuse a reasonable request and in fact occasionally take on requests that are far from reasonable.
Just call me a yes (wo)man.
So it was today I got caught in a web, trapped like a fly in a fight that had nothing to do with me.
As a favour, I'd agreed to design a program for Remembrance Day. Seemed simple enough. But ...
Let's just say that the approval process became a tangled mess to the point that when the green light finally came to send it to the printer - the deadline was missed.
An order of service for an event at 11am on November 11, is of little use if it can't be collected until 4.08pm on the day. So, I sweet talked the printer. Used all my charm. And they agreed.
A win. And then at 7pm a phone call. Could we make a late change?
At this point, I finally found my voice. No. No, No.
Perhaps Elton was right, Sorry is the hardest word.

1 comment:

  1. "Sorry" may be the hardest word, but the sweetest word in the English language is "No" :)

    ReplyDelete