-->

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 20. Day 324. Stirring up a hornets' nest

I'm a strong believer in the saying "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again".
But really, there's no point in getting stupid about it. At some point you've got to admit defeat and back down gracefully. Some of the greatest problems of our time come when both sides decide to dig their heels in and refuse to budge. I could be talking about Australian/Indonesian relationships or even the Lang Hancock family trust dispute - but I'm not. The bitter, divisive feud is between Susan and the wasps. I have no real problem with the wasps - except for the fact that they seem to think that the front fence near the gate and the letterbox is a great place to hang out. Yeah, it is but it is my place and while I pay the mortgage I reckon they can buzz off.
But they won't. I've burned down their nest, I've beaten down their nest but they are back - for now.
But tomorrow is another day and I'm stockpiling ammunition. Don't say you weren't warned.

4 comments:

  1. It's a really interesting picture though even if they are a nuisance. We had some bees in our eaves this year, but as it was around the attic window, it wasn't really a problem. Thankfully they didn't stay too long either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'd have a problem with wasps making their home near my house as well. Hope you win the war :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image - wasps really are scary things aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a fascinating photo - such detail that i would not otherwise see. I hope the battle goes well and you come out the winner x

    ReplyDelete