-->

Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 16. Day 320. The claws are out

I'm suffering from PMT which in this instance stands for Permanent Mother Tension.
The aligning of the assessment cycles around our place where Year 10 assessment and university grading has raised the temperature around our place and today the claws were out. Teen angst is feeding off middle aged mother meltdown  or perhaps it's the other way around. Either way it's a symbiotic relationship and it's not pretty.
This afternoon I was desperately over it and decided what I needed was a nap but then I listened to the voices - this time not those in my head but those coming out of my mouth. "Exercise is good for stress release. Get out of the house for a bit." And so I did. The dog and I went for walk to the University of Queensland and I must say it was most therapeutic. Then I saw these birds. I can only assume there is avian assessment approaching. The claws were out there too.

6 comments:

  1. wow Susan that looks like it could be a print rather than a photo! i think they have fallen out about something - maybe he came home late from the a night out with his mates lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased with the result - much more so than the birds. Not sure what was ruffling their feathers

      Delete
  2. You always take the most beautiful photographs. I am in awe yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. That's an amazing picture. Sometimes (when the planets align correctly) I accidentally take a good photo. Very occasionally I take a very good one. If I took one like this once in a year, I'd be very happy :)

    ReplyDelete