-->

Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17. Day 321. Make yourself at home

Being a responsible dog owner, my dog is always on a lead when we leave the house.
Well, almost always. He's allowed to run free in designated off leash areas and I do let Rumple run ahead of me when I'm going next door to visit Margaret.
He charges out our front gate and straight between the bars of her security door and practically on to her lap. Rumple loves Margaret and the feeling is mutual.
It has to be said that Rumple isn't the only one that makes himself at home. There's a a queue of creatures lining up to take advantage of Margaret's hospitality (and her almost endless supply of free mince).
While we were there today it was the noisy miner's visiting time.
Seeing this image totally reminded me of my childhood and the Robert Louis Stephenson poem often quoted by my dad
A birdie with a yellow bill
Hopped upon the window sill,
Cocked his shining eye and said:
“Ain’t you ’shamed, you sleepy-head!

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment