-->

Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23. Day 327. Boundless energy

I wish I had a fraction of the energy I had when I was 12. When I left my niece Cleo's birthday sleepover late last night the girls were disco dancing. In the intervening time, I had a very respectable eight hours of shut eye. They did not. Why the word sleep is included in the term sleepover remains a mystery. Granted the I was dressed and they were still in their PJs when I popped around this morning. But there's no prizes for guessing which of us had the most energy. Yep, they were up for leaping off the front verandah and given half the chance I would have been leaping back into bed. Perhaps it was the party food but more likely it's the power of being 12 that had them jumping for joy. I'm tired just looking at it.

4 comments:

  1. It is funny how they never sleep with friends are over. Although our's tend to run out of steam the next night and get grumpy where they need sleep! Great action shot, thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, very true. I have my nephews for a sleepover tonight. As you say, it will be a 'no sleepover'. They enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's called a sleepover because the adults could do with what sleep they got over again lol. Fantastic capture of them jumping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! We call it a wakeover for that very reason in that the sleep is missing! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete