-->

Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4. Day 4. Tea time

I am not a tea drinker. I don't do coffee either which as a journalist makes me a complete failure.
However, I do rather like a cup of what I describe as "girlie tea" which is any one of the hundreds of fruit blends so popular at the moment. For the most part the resemblance between these substances and real tea is strictly coincidental. You add boiling water. That's about as close as it gets.
My pantry is well stocked with brew blends and yesterday the collection grew thanks to a gift of Fruitalicious and Creme Brulee "tea".
This morning I broke open the Fruitalicious which the box told me was a tantalising blend of cranberries, dragon fruit and goji berries which can be served hot or chilled. As you can see, not a tea leaf in sight. Not bad hot but I think I will prefer it chilled.
As for the Creme Brulee, that sounds like one for after dinner. As long as it is sweet and tastes nothing like Earl Grey it should suit me to a tea.


1 comment:

  1. I'm the same! I've never liked coffee and once in my life I liked tea - but only in one sushi train that since closed down. I drink some of the herbal bags but to be honest, they smell better than they taste. People are so uncomfortable at work when we have to go to cafe's since I can't eat or drink anything at them.

    ReplyDelete