-->

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1. Day 1. Resolutions

Almost 12 hours into 2013 and as yet I have not broken my new year's resolutions. This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I didn't make any.
When it comes to resolutions I can make the following observations:
1) If I make them at all they are always the same - to lose weight and to save money AND
2) If I happen to achieve either during the year the fact that I resolved to do so at the beginning of the year played no part in the success.
Those guru types talk about how important it is to set goals and write them down. Well that's nice for them. Writing them down only increases the impact of the failure!
Anyway for what it is worth, I guess the mere fact that I have embarked on another Project 365 is a resolution in itself.
But really if I have any personal goal for 2013 it would be to try and relax a bit more and be a bit kinder to myself. The project is part of that in its own way. The going out with the camera is precious me time. What I hope for 2013 is that I can be a little less OCD about it.
We'll see. Photo one was nailed at 1am with the help of my 16-year-old niece Scarlett. Hmmm. Taking photos over and over again after midnight to get the shot right. That doesn't sound OCD at all.
Happy New Year to you and yours

2 comments:

  1. Absolute cracker , well sparklers really but you know what I mean, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. pmsl......reminds me of my oh he will spend 2 or 3 hrs perfecting a shot before he is happy with it some days.

    ReplyDelete