-->

Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4. Day 125. Pot of gold

Just about every child who grew up in is part of the world would have one - the childhood pic taken at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. In something that now feels a bit reminiscent of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, we were flocked by birds. The family album has compulsory photos of children with plates of food weighed down the rainbow lorikeets in a feeding frenzy. There was often a slightly horrified child captured with a bird on his or her head. And the screeching - something not unlike outside the hotel where One Direction is staying or my house at homework time. Surprisingly, I don't recall the rainbow lorikeets as being common in the Brisbane suburbs as a child. Now they are everywhere but this has done nothing to lesson my fascination with them. Today I think I struck gold over this rainbow

1 comment:

  1. Excellent picture, they are simply beautiful we have many in the date palm outside our bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete