-->

Sunday, December 3, 2017

December 3. Day 337. Isn't she Angelic?




 It's a very rare thing to find me in a church. But put official paperwork such as a census or a hospital  admission form and I always tick Catholic. Always. You can take the girl out of the church but not the church out of the girl. And I like the formal sense of occasion, of public recognition, of ceremony that Catholic Church services bring to major life events. I was baptised, confirmed and married in a Catholic Church. I was Catholic school educated. I won't be around to decide but a Catholic funeral would be my preference. So when my friends Jamie and Tiania asked me to be a God Parent to Molly I could hardly refuse. I was kind of born to it. It was a  lovely service. Miss Molly was on her best behaviour, angelic even. She certainly looked the part. The plan was to celebrate with a picnic by the lakes after wards but we were all melting so we escaped into the air conditioning at our place. A picnic without ants and on proper chairs is my kind of picnic - simple but civilized. Just the right sense of occasion for a girl who likes an occasion.





Photo by Oliver Hetherington-Page (he made me give appropriate acknowledgement)







No comments:

Post a Comment