-->

Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9. Day 9. Laughter is a marvellous medicine

Kids at the opening night function were able to create their own "marvellous medicine" to take home
Winner, winner chicken dinner. My mission, which I have chosen to accept mainly because I set the mission for myself, is to create board-game playing theatre lovers out of my nieces and nephews. As such, today will go down as a better than average in fact a good day. First there was a phone call this afternoon with the offspring of both a sister and a brother requesting a visit to play board games. Right on. Then I took my 10-year-old nephew Connor as my Plus One to see George's Marvellous Medicine at QPAC. HE LOVED IT. Best thing he'd seen, he said and in a totally unexpected bonus commented on how much he liked the set. That's correct. You read right. He's even admiring the set. This gives me a special warm inner glow because I am a tragic for a good set. Drama Teen and I frequently debate the importance of the set. I can not tell you how many times Mr O has quoted the Richard Rodgers line at me "No-one leaves the theatre humming the scenery". True but a good set does make your heart sing and it gave me great pleasure that tonight my nephew and I were singing from the same song book.



Warning Grandma, do not eat this

Not exactly a Poker Face here



No comments:

Post a Comment