-->

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12. Day 12. Prehistoric

God I'm Sure  old. Prehistoric even. Today is the last day I am the parent of an individual who is legally speaking a child (as he is a male unit the actual end date of childhood is less easy to define). Sure he is still my offspring, my progeny, my descendant but officially speaking not a child. Woe is me. Still he may be all grown up but I am still a bit of a child at heart. Between meetings yesterday, I snuck into The Cube, this giant interactive digital screen at QUT which at the moment is given over to dinosaurs. It is really for the school holidays and for kids but surely staff and parents of individuals with one day left in childhood also qualify - especially if they are prehistoric. It's a wonder none of the kids tried pushing my buttons to see if I would roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment