-->

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26. Day 26. Friends with benefits

They say you can choose your friends but not your family.
This is true. But you can choose to spend time with your family or avoid them like the plague or an encounter with  door-to-door religion peddler depending on which worries you the most.
I rather like my family and believe that significant occasions are made more so when celebrated with those I'm related to.
This doesn't mean I don't like sharing these occasions with friends too - and if you have friends who live in a unit with a perfect view of the fireworks at South Bank .. well a girl can't say "no" can she? Talk about friends with benefits (yes, I am fully aware of what that phrase normally implies. I also think that not all benefits have to be sexual, surely).
So it was that most of my family enjoyed the Australia Day celebrations with the Taudevins enjoying a meal, good company and a rather awesome fireworks display. Can't get more Australian than that can ya?
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi






No comments:

Post a Comment