-->

Friday, December 12, 2014

December 12. Day 346. Hidden treasures

Five years I lived on the Sunshine Coast and the total number of times I actually went to the beach I could probably count on one hand. Certainly, I'm confident I've walked to the beach more times this week than I did in the Coast years. I've always liked the beach but as a new graduate in my first job I had other leisure priorities most of which involved the night rather than the daylight hours. The bright glare of the sand wasn't something I needed. But it was more than that. I'm pretty sure it was also related to the fact that often you can't see what's in front of your face and fail to recognise the value of the things you see every day. You just take them for granted. Not any more. So Lotto gods. I promise if I win the millions and buy my dream beach house I will value it and the beach. Now all I have to do is remember to buy a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment