-->

Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11. Day 70. Banging and crashing

There's was horrible fog accompanied by groaning, crashing and pounding. Huge chucks were being gouged out.
That was my head felt at 4am. A searing pain behind my left eye radiated out and was accompanied waves of nausea. It was the type of pain that wouldn't have been out of place had I spent last night draining the contents of a well stocked bar. Except I hadn't. Not a single alcoholic beverage crossed by lips which made the same feel so unfair.
I'm not sure if I admire or pity those who say they never take painkillers. What I do know is that I don't understand them. Without the God-given relief afforded by the delicious combination of Ibuprofen and codeine, I'd still be lying in a darkened room whimpering. Now I still have a shadow, I can feel where the pain was but because mothers aren't allowed to get sick I was able to get up and get on with it.
Fresh air and sunshine helped - the noise and dust at the demolition site at QUT not so much. But the destructive scene with its frayed edges reflected my being today perfectly. I only hope that unlike this building I am able to greet tomorrow feeling far more intact.

1 comment: