-->

Saturday, January 5, 2019

January 5. Day 5. Colourful characters

West End, Brisbane. 
It's walking distance from my place but another world. 
When I journey down there, which is often but not often enough, I am always overwhelmed by its unique combination of yuppie and bohemian. 
It's untouched meets urban renewal. 
It's fringe and mainstream all at the same time.
But most of all it's full of really colourful characters.
I had very boring business in West End today. 
I was simple collecting a package from the post office. But it doesn't matter what takes you to West End there is no escaping it's character(s).
I like that.
It's true there are some I'd like to meet over a drink and others I'd cross the road to avoid - some possibly both depending on the time of day but that's what makes it so interesting.














No comments:

Post a Comment