-->

Monday, January 14, 2019

January 14. Day 14. Nailed it!


There's this Netflix show called Nailed It where people people look at cakes on Instagram and try to re-create them, always with disastrous results. Anyway, if you can celebrate the failures you certainly should be able to celebrate the successes. I totally nailed the 21st birthday present. About 15 months ago at the opening on an exhibition by Brisbane artist Starr I asked about the possibility of a Times Square painting. I wanted one for a 21st birthday for a Broadway boy. She said there would be one in the next exhibition and if I wanted to send through pictures of my ideas she would work to that. I could have first refusal. And so the deal was done. Fast forward to November and the exhibition. Oliver walked in and saw the painting. He saw the sold sticker. He was crushed. He even posed with Starr in front of the painting. How excited was I to see the look on his face when he realised that the person who had bought his precious Times Square was me and he was now its owner. Today it was hung in our house. Nailed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment