-->

Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 17. Day 17. Beach babies


 There was this Channel 7 show Instant Hotel where people owning AirBnBs visited and rated other homes in other parts of the country. As part of their stay they were shown the local attractions. The property that eventually won was in West End in Brisbane, really close to where I live.
In the heats the visitors were taken to South Bank and our man-made beach. They put a lot of shit on it, basically describing it as a lame public pool.
These people obviously don't have kids.
Families love the South Bank beach and water park.
It is not unusual to see groups come from the train or bus station clearly equipped to stay and play for hours. It costs them nothing.I admit I'd much rather cool off in my own pool but I'm not a five-year-old or the parent of one. And I do walk through the area a lot and love to see the obvious joy on the people at play. So southern snobs you might not like our beach but we do and today I reminded myself why. I even got wet and it was fun. Take your beach towel and shove it.










































No comments:

Post a Comment