-->

Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 10. Day 10. City slicker

 My "baby" turns 21 on Sunday. This officially means I am old - really, really old. I have mostly outsourced the celebrations but there are still things that need to be done in preparation for the big event.
Today this included getting my legs waxed (because EVERYONE at the party will surely be checking out the hairiness of my pins) and collecting clothing in the city.
I'm sure there were other things I could have or should have done. I'm pretty sure that's about all I achieved - other than narrowly avoiding getting the car towed because everything always takes longer than it you think it will and most city streets become clearway at 4pm.
But in between chores and dodging parking inspectors, I did find myself down near the Botanic Gardens. It's the end of the city which is a strange mix of the high-rise glass and metal and the historic. It also has a rather nice view of the bridge. I wold have lingered and enjoyed it but time waits for no man - or woman especially not one with a party to organise.













No comments:

Post a Comment