-->

Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28. Day 28. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie


I can't imagine the French celebrating Bastille Day on any date other than July 14. The Americans surely mark the 4th of July on the 4th of July.
But there really isn't anything quite as Australian as a long weekend. So on January 26 all the shops were open but today we had a public holiday.
It was a bit slow around our place. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the party yesterday (okay, it had everything to do with the party yesterday).
It was dark before I got out and about with my camera.
I decided to head to the bridge which would surely be decked out in Australian colours - it was. I set up the tripod, took some snaps and then it happened. A fire twirler set to work on the waterfront. It was totally cool and totally unexpected. Good things some to those who wait.








No comments:

Post a Comment