-->

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 15. Day 15. Lone Pine




 Lone Pine is the world's biggest and largest koala sanctuary.
It is also awesome but people like me don't go there.
It's a place for tourists and people with small kids.
This is a shame.
Like so many things we often forget what's on our own doorstep.
Of course I'm a bit like Peter Pan - I decided against growing up so when given half a chance I'll join the little people and the kids and head there.
Today was my day.
My friend Alison, who resides in Singapore and is the mother of two small people invited me.
She ticks all the boxes so I borrowed one of her ticks or something. Anyway, I got to spend a delightful morning with the animals and my friend and her lovely boys.
And I fed the kangaroos.
I also narrowly avoided being lunch to a lizard who seemed to mistake my toes for a snack.
 But the real joy was watching the joy on the kids' faces.
 That, as the credit card ad puts it, is priceless.













































No comments:

Post a Comment