-->

Friday, January 25, 2019

January 25. Day 25. Cleaning up


The phrase "it's a tough job but someone has to do it" is interesting.  It's pretty much only ever used for jobs that are not tough and most people given any chance at all would do it in a heartbeat.
But there are tough jobs and people do have to do them, some which we never give any thought to at all.
For instance, until today I never knew they drained the duck ponds in the city botanic gardens and manually pulled out the weeds. There would be worse ways to earn a crust without question. However wading through mud and sludge and a whole lot of poo and pulling out weeds by the armful is not my idea of fun. Truthfully I'd be terrified about what I might pull up and that's without taking into account the heat. And I don't even know what the exact occupation on the blokes doing the job is ... gardener, parks and maintenance, landscaper. It's dirty work but I'm sure the plants and animals are better for it as are we who get to enjoy the area when they are done.





No comments:

Post a Comment