-->

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2. Day 214. Be grateful


Today I had a very, very serious case of feeling-sorry-for-self-itis. The truth is in many ways -ways I can not or will not or must not discuss- today was really, really shitty. When life is messing with your head it can be really, really hard to see the wood for the trees. This is where your friends come in. Today I have my friend Annie Pappalardo to thank. Annie has signed on to a seven day Grateful/Positivity journal where each day you list three things to be grateful for and each day nominate a friend to do the same. Today Annie tapped me on the shoulder. Miss Grumpy Pants' first reaction was "are you kidding me? What in God's name do I have to be grateful for today?" And that was the circuit breaker. I took a breath and typed dogs. Yep, even when they destroy my things, I love dogs to death. But let's be honest I live in one of the best areas in one of the best cities in one of the best countries on earth. And I enjoy so many privileges few could hope to ever aspire to. And even on a day I declared shitty, I enjoyed free reviewer's tickets to an awesome Le Noir, the Dark Side of Cirque at QPAC. It was an awesome production sexy, sleek and sophisticated all in one amazing package and let's be honest reviewers never get bad seats. And afterwards, my free program under my arm, we went into the exclusive after party on the stage of The Concert Hall no less. And this is on a day I declared shitty. Look, material things are not everything but having them is a hell of a lot better than struggling for the basic necessities. I have a lot to be grateful for. I shall try to remember that.


2 comments: