-->

Friday, August 1, 2014

August 1. Day 213. Winter daze





As I read an email today advising me that my son's school fees were overdue three thoughts simultaneously ran through my head:
1. Expletive
2. I paid that didn't I?  Oh hang on ...
3. If I don't pay, will they repossess my son? (Now we're thinking).
The fact that I managed to make such a rookie error and forget the fees is a bit of an indication of the settle-back-into-semester stress around this place. But things are improving one day at a time, which is the only way you can approach it.
And as single days go, they don't get much better than this. Today is August, the month traditionally associated with bitter westerly winds. But not today. Today was picture perfect and all of Brisbane seemed determined to enjoy it. South Bank beach was packed mid afternoon with families, tourists and young couples all out to enjoy the sunshine. They lay on the sand, built sand castles and the young and the young at heart also took a dip (it may have been 28 degrees but "sensible" people understood the water temperature was somewhat less than that).
But even those old fuddy duddies like myself who decided to stay high and dry couldn't help but feel refreshed  and better for the experience. An afternoon at the beach (even an artificial inner city one) is good for a tired stressed soul



3 comments:

  1. Stunning photos as usual! How fantastic to have this gem in the city, thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun photos! It is nice to see people converge to relax and chill and have fun =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete