-->

Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27. Day 27. Last throw of the dice

Around 8.30 tomorrow morning a collective sigh of relief will ring out across the city, its sound only partially drowned out by the sobs of mothers sending their little ones off to school for the first time.
After between six and eight weeks' holiday getting the house back can be a beautiful experience.
It is, however, not something I find any joy in for two reasons
1) My baby doesn't go back to school until Wednesday because after eight weeks you would need an extra day and
2) I really like school holidays
At this point you probably think I am either a) mad, b) a school teacher or c) lying.
Actually it is d) done of the above. I like school holidays because it means the biggest pressure points in our home disappear.
The arguments tend to be around homework, bed time, homework, getting out the door on time in the morning and homework. No school = no fights (well not quite but almost).
So I, for one, will be making the most of the final day of holidays tomorrow. And I sense I am not the only one milking the last hours of summer freedom for all it is worth. At 6pm, the pool at South Bank was still being well used by families making the most of the last throw of the dice. Now where is that shoe polish again ....

1 comment:

  1. I hate and love the last few days of the Summer holidays; the sense of foreboding and dread, but the precious last few moments together are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete