-->

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13. Day 13.My Little Ray of Sunshine


"Hi Mum," an oddly familiar yet at the same time alien voice says when I answer the phone. I only have one child and Caller ID confirms that it is Mr O on the end of the line but I admit I am still taken aback to hear a deep man's voice coming from my baby's mouth.

Today my Little Ray of Sunshine turned 16. My God, where did those years go? It all seems like it happened in the blink of an eye. It's true what they say. They are only young for such a short time and you should savour every minute. Having said that, not every year passes as quickly as the others and some minutes really are better forgotten. For many it is the terrible twos that seem like they will never end. I look back at those toddler years with great fondness. Perhaps time has healed all wounds but I think the truth is we sailed through those early years. Fifteen was not such a smooth ride and I know Mr O will be the first to admit that. It's not that I'd change it but I know we are all rather pleased to have come out the other side. So happy birthday to my sweet 16-year-old. May the next year bring you wonderful things and remember if you want driving lessons ask your father ....




No comments:

Post a Comment