-->

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 22. Day 22. Smelling the Roses

One of the things I promised myself I would do this year was stop to take time to smell the roses.
At this point, I would self assess my progress on that criteria as Epic Fail. There's been precious little stopping and in this heat all that I am really smelling is my own sweat (yes, that's a pleasant thought).
But this morning I did pause to sit by the pond at South Bank to watch the waterbirds getting full nostril (well beaks) full of the water lilies. Quite nice and peaceful it was too.
But clearly it was not a well thought through strategy. I estimate the temperature rose one degree for every minute I sat there and after contemplating the beauty of the day I had to face the reality of the walk home (to a suburb containing the words high and hill). By the time I arrived I looked like I'd actually swam in the pond and smelt NOTHING like the roses I crave. Oh well, people pay good money for a sauna ...

No comments:

Post a Comment