-->

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9. Day 100. She sells sea shells

I have totally failed as a parent. Again.
When I walk along the beach in the morning on holidays I like to collect shells.
On one of the ventures I returned with a mollusk shell which had opened but both sides were attached to each other.
My son, AGED 14, says "hey that looks like the sort of thing some small sea creature might have lived in".
What? On all his time on earth I have never told him what a shell is?  And he's never asked?
Good grief. Anyway, I have no idea what I will do with my shell collection once the holiday ends but for now they make a great addition to the coffee table.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture and story. I bet you are looking forward to more 'insights' from your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot for your number 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is a gorgeous photo! Can I please use it on my blog - with attribution? Or do I need to send cash? Your beach holiday looked utterly perfect and now the weather is going bad, just at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course you can use it - no strings. And yes the timing was perfect

      Delete