-->

Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22. Day 113. Spreading my wings

The day before I embarked on the Project 365 journey, I bought a new 8GB memory card for my rather nice Canon digital SLR and I had great plans of taking seriously arty photos every day for a year.
The photo on Day 2 was taken on my iPhone as has just about every photo since.
I decided this was a positive. The best camera for the job is the one you have with you and it was very obvious that I wasn't going to be able to cart the serious camera with me every hour of every day for a year.
So I changed focus (pun intended) and decided that the plan would be to teach myself to get the most out of the iPhone camera. My Project 365. My rules.
And then I started typing stuff. Not just an extended caption which was the plan but something that came to my mind when I took each day's picture. Again, my Project 365. My rules. Why not indulge two types of creative output instead of just one?
Anyway just to prove that my rules are no rules, today's photo is not from the iPhone. I decided to take the proper camera on my walk to The Lakes at UQ this morning. A zoom lens can be a very handy thing.
This little fellow, like me, is spreading its wings.

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous capture of him spreading his wings, great photo. I too take photos with my iPhone even though my partner bought me a new camera to do this project with, but unfortunately I never have the camera to hand like I have my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot, I have to say that the zoom on the phone is no match for that of a SLR but phones do great macro work and reasonable standard type pics.. And of course one never leaves home without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is an amazing shot. I have to take my camera with me as sadly my phone is ancient and although it does take photos they are worse than the ones on a kids camera! Even my camera is only a little digital compact but I'm still enjoying experimentong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's is breathtakingly beautiful! Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. Most of my pics end up being taken on my phone too, just because it's always there x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take all of my photos on my iPhone too and I find it does the job really well and so easy as I always have it with me anyway! That is a truly fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is seriously a stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! What a moment to capture - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photo posts, I love that you write explanations or annotations. YOu have a great writing style, and I love your photographs. Thanks for always joining in

    ReplyDelete