-->

Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23. Day 114. Fog

The Boomtown Rats used to sing "Tell me why I don't like Mondays". How is that even a question?
Mondays suck because we have to go back to work. 
It's not that I don't like my job. I do. It's not that I don't do work on weekends. I do, just about every weekend, quite often for many hours.
It just that on weekends the routine goes out the window. Things happen in Susan time not according to the clock.
And weekends take away the big family stress points - getting out the door on time and getting homework done.
Mondays represent the first one five days of those stresses before it lets up.
So the weather this morning was unbelievably Monday, a deep fog over the start of the working week. 
Now the sun has burned off the morning gloom and Brisbane is back to her beautiful self again I realise life is good. The public holiday on Wednesday might just have something to do with that.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my photo of The Golden Gate Bridge it was so foggy the morning we went to see it we almost missed it... Your picture makes it look very cold brrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, that's a reaal pea souper! Glad Monday's turned out OK in the end though x

    ReplyDelete