-->

Monday, July 8, 2019

July 8. Day 188. Flying bin rats




Ibis. Protected yet maligned. Beautiful. Sort of graceful yet awkward. They are also among the world's best scavengers. I watched this today. 
One was on a bin. 
There were chips in a box well within the bin. 
It should have been out of reach. 
The ibis was having now of that. It dug and buried. 
It contorted it's neck to push into the bin. The box was dragged out and dropped on the ground. 
And then with its eye on the prize is swooped and devoured. 
Actually, I can't blame a bird for that. 
I'm a bit the same when it comes to chips. I love a chip. Who doesn't, actually but I don't think I'd go that far. But then I have an advantage over the birds. I have currency and the ability to go to the shops and but chips. You knows what length I would go to if that wasn't the case and the chips were down....










No comments:

Post a Comment