-->

Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 14. Day 194. Horsing Around


Horses are the most majestic of animals. They are glorious in full flight. It's hard to know how anyone could not be drawn to the horse.
Today my plans had zero to do with horses. At all. I was off to Redcliffe to see Chicago at the Redcliffe Cultural Centre. My plan - as much as I plan for anything - was to stop on the way home to go pelican spotting. But was we drove towards the bridge I saw horses in the water.
How could anyone see that and not stop for a closer look? Certainly I have no much willpower. I stopped the car. Got out and went for a look.
I watched as the horses frolicked and then rolled in the sand.
I watched as the splashed and played. 
I observed the obvious affection between man and horse.
We chattered (that is I spoke to the humans. There was no Mr Ed among the horses).
Turns out this was a recovery session. The horses had competed last night at Albion Park.
Clearly they were lapping up every minute of it.
Not a bad afternoon's work for all involved.















No comments:

Post a Comment