-->

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July 10. Day 190. Fence sitter



Yay me. Today my Ekka photos were due and today I actually managed to drop them off. Normally, I'm begging for an extension. It's not as though I beat the deadline by much but beat it I did. Winning.
So there I was outside the old museum for my annual ritual. Every time I do this two thoughts go through my mind. 1. Is there any chance my photos will get a ribbon this year and 2. How good is the old museum?
In all honesty, I would rate the chance of winning as low. It really doesn't matter. I find the process of going through the photos, making selections and actually getting prints mounted as a win.
But the museum building is a prize, I think we all take for granted. It feels like a building that should be a museum, ironically not like the building that replaced it. That one is modern and sleek. This one is full of character, charm and mystery. It feels like it should be the set for A Night at the Museum. But the things that make it interesting as a building are the same things that made it unsuitable as a museum. It was old, a fire risk, dark, dangerous and poor for displaying exhibits. Now it is a new arts hub and I love it. It makes the journey to the Ekka precinct worthwhile.






























No comments:

Post a Comment