-->

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 30. Day 120. Dogs make everything batter



I had a day that can only be described as shit ... literally. That's the thing about ulcerative colitis.
When it decides to behave badly it really knows how to make a girl feel shit.
I came home after a trip and it was ugly.
The dogs knew that. They could smell it on me.
After a brief interlude when we cleaned ourselves up. I went to bed and decided to stay there - with a doona over my head.
The dogs stayed guard.
On the couch tonight, they stayed guard. Rumple sat on my lap.
Winkle sat on the couch over my head.
Where I was, so were the dogs.
They seem to know when a girl needs her dogs.
The pain wasn't any less painful but it hurt less.
Dogs make everything better.































No comments:

Post a Comment