-->

Sunday, April 28, 2019

April 28. Day 118. Take a dog to water


If it wasn't the end of a quasi long weekend, I would have taken the dogs  to Bribie Island this afternoon.
It was perfect beach weather. It was perfect dog beach weather. But it was the sort of weekend where you could find yourself in traffic for many hours.
That is something I could do without.
So there needed to be a compromise.
I decided the dog off-leash run off Kedron Brook was the best call. It was a compromise position.
I enlisted my mother.
I was most surprised that I had never taken her to Kedron Brook with the dogs.
She was keen.
We were keen.
The dogs knew what lay ahead. As soon as the lead was off, they were off.
They were running.
They went straight to water. There were other dogs there on the same mission. It was just right. Everyone was behaving like the constraints were off ... and so we let it go.
It was just as it should be.








No comments:

Post a Comment