-->

Thursday, April 25, 2019

April 25. Day 115. Freedom



I will not pretend to be a person with an intimate understanding of the Anzac tradition.  There are no veterans in my past. But, I have been to Anzac Cove on Anzac Day. I have stood in the trenches. Literally.  I looked down to the beach where the troops arrived. Where the lambs were sent to the slaughter.  But here is my understanding. Honouring the Anzacs, is about honouring the freedom we now enjoy. Being free, means a lot of different things to a lot a lot of people. To me, freedom is the ability to take the dogs for a walk. To me, I feel most free when my dogs and I are off leash doing whatever we want. When the reigns are withdrawn. When we are able to do whatever we please. So as well as honouring a minute's silence, I observed a moment of reflection of the bigger picture.
And that'd freedom for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment