-->

Thursday, August 30, 2018

August 30. Day 243. Knock him off his perch

Australian politics, you've done it again. This week has proven, as if any proof was still required, that the bullies are alive and well. Sit on a high perch for long enough and someone is ready, willing and able to have a go at knocking you off. And they won't just try once. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And even then don't give up. Wait a bit. Regroup and have another go. Perhaps it's just nature. Perhaps it's just another example of survival of the fittest. In any event I saw another example today in the avian world. The laugh of the kookaburra alerted me. I looked up and realised it was an anxious laugh, perhaps a warning laugh. Either way, neither noise nor size or the fact that it was outnumbered was enough to halt the noisy miner. The kookaburras had a position it wanted and it was leaving no stone unturned to get it. At first it tried staring them down and when that failed bomb diving. Verbal and physical threats seem to be the tactics, or so I've heard. And to think my mother says I should consider politics. Thanks but no thanks, the one thing I don't want to do is invite conflict into my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment