-->

Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10. Day 223. Duck off





Back in my day we used to call them Root Rats. I'm told they are called F**kbois. These are the good time guys who you should see coming, you should tell to duck off, you should run away from but because you are young and stupid you don't know any better.
Tonight at Metro Arts I saw a play "devoted" to these men.  Love Letter to F**kbois was a two-women show which premiered tonight at Metro Arts. It could be best described as the letters we probably should have written to the men who rooted us over but we didn't.  The premise was that these are millennial women and that was the premise of the show. But you know what? The more things change, the more things stay the same. Just before the end of the show, just before the big reveal the women went off to change. The audience was invited to write a letter to an F Boy. Come up and tell everyone your story if you like. Of course, no one moved. The silence was deafening. My darling boy pushed me forward. You know me, I don't mind telling people what I think. So I seized the microphone. I told a story, a true story. The story of me in the days long before it was all about dogs, and visiting South Bank. I am older and wiser. And you know how they day one day you will look back and laugh? Some stories are never really funny unless like the women in F**kbois your job is to laugh about it and make others laugh with you. But the good thing is, a show like this does give you the opportunity to realise that the duckers didn't beat you.




No comments:

Post a Comment