-->

Friday, August 17, 2018

August 17. Day 230. Happiness is ....



If I'm honest I never thought I'd see what I saw today. I was sitting in the foyer of a nursing home when in came Margaret beaming from ear to ear. She was sitting on a gurney being wheeled by paramedics. She looked a cross between Queen Cleopatra being hoisted on a litter by slaves and the occupant of The Pope Mobile.  "Welcome Margaret," the staff on parade said. She beamed even louder. The she saw me and the dogs and cooed louder.  The grinning didn't fade as we walked through the centre until we reached the room which will be hers for respite for the next two weeks. I'd arrived early and brought in a few of her things so it felt like a home away from home. The dogs did their bit. As soon as the door was closed and they were off their leash they were on her lap and then on the bed, on the tartan rug from home.  It was a beautiful thing, especially considering how adamant she had been that she was never going into care, even for respite.  I really hope she loves it. Who knows, she may never want to leave.


























No comments:

Post a Comment