-->

Thursday, August 16, 2018

August 16. Day 229. Let sleeping dogs ...

It's doubtless creepy and slightly stalker behaviour but I'd love to install a spy camera in my home to see what the dogs get up to when we are out.
I suppose it could be all Toy Story and the second we leave the room they come to life and perform tricks or speak in tongues or something. Anything is possible but my guess is they just lie around a lot. There's little evidence of much action when we are out. But when I drive in there's a flurry of activity and a pattern of behaviour. First they scratch at the garage door desperate to make contact. Then there's a quick attempt to knock me from my feet  after which they charge down the hall and out the back door into the garden. The doggy door allows them access to the yard day and night but they seem to like to hold the wee in until we get home. Another quick charge at the humans is followed by a wrestle session. For some reason, the appearance of humans seems to trigger a need in Winkle to jump all over Rumple and wrestle him to the ground. There might be a quick game of chase and a beg for food and after that they find a spot close by me and sleep. I'd love to know what they are thinking but until technology improves just knowing what they are doing when I'm not around to see might be enough. Or perhaps just knowing they are pleased to see me is all I need and I should just let sleeping dogs lie.




No comments:

Post a Comment