-->

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22. Day 235. A dog of a day


Let's face it, my job isn't rocket science. I take it seriously and like to think there is a lot of value in mentoring the students I come into contact with. But if there's a "bad day at the office" it probably means an overly long meeting, too much marking or an interaction with someone who is less than polite. These things can weigh you down. Crisis management in my industry thankfully mostly isn't. But today I took Rumple to visit my friend and his vet Dr Megan. He just needed his dental work checked. Her day had included treating a dog who had ingested rat poison and carrying out an emergency Cesarean and hysterectomy. She was still stitching when we arrived but I was allowed out the back. Naturally I asked to watch. It made me realise once again that even on a bad day, no blood is spilled  because a form is lost or a spreadsheet doesn't add up. The again, I never got to deliver puppies either. Swings and roundabouts people.









No comments:

Post a Comment