-->

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

August 29. Day 242. Chasing the sun


It's weird really. From the time I was about five, Kedron Brook was part of my life. My family house is just up the hill overlooking the brooks flood plain. I couldn't count the number of times I've watched the park in flood and the road blocked. Of course, now I live on the other side of town in a move that it decidedly not "Brisbane". Yet all roads, or in this case creeks, take you home. Margaret's nursing home window overlooks the dog off leash area that runs along Kedron Brook just a small way upstream from my mum's. My dogs love that off  leash area so today we combined a visit and a run (I didn't run, obviously). From her vantage point by the window, Margaret watched and waved. Everyone seemed to feel like we were right at home. But then I saw the turtle. In all the years I've paddled in that brook, walked along the brook, taken dogs for swims in that brook I've never seen a turtle.  It was just sitting on the edge of the brook. Like the rest of us it was just chasing a bit of sun on a winter's day. Not that the dogs noticed. Their interest was as it has always been chasing each other like mad creatures then cooling off in the brook.






No comments:

Post a Comment