-->

Monday, April 23, 2018

April 23. Day 113. Pacific paradise




I heard them long before I saw them. Lour music was blaring from G Block as I rushed up the hill to give . lecture. A couple of years ago music and dance was ever present in that building. It was the dance studio and classical music and leotards and ballet flats were always on display. But when the Creative Industries stage 2 opened the home of dance moved and that building has largely been silenced. Not today.  Today the room was dancing to a different beat but I was late.I agreed with myself that I would call in on my way back if the dancers were still there. Technically they were but they were on a break and eating pizza. But Amber Moko not only agreed to tell me about The QUT Pasifika Association  but also to cut short her pizza break and dance. The cultural group have a performance tomorrow and were rehearsing. They were awesome and watching and chatting was a quite excellent way of waiting for the rain to clear. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You never know what you'll seem around campus. To borrow from the tourism slogan: QUT cultural one day. Crazy the next.











No comments:

Post a Comment