-->

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 8. Day 220. Bold and Beautiful

I know when I'm not wanted.  This morning the hospital called to say my neighbour Margaret was requesting new batteries for her hearing aids be brought up. I know where they are kept. I have a key. That's easy. However because of #life it was 4pm by the time I arrived. Margaret was most pleased to see me. I was given a detailed - and far too loud - run down of the other patients in the room, a description of everything on the menu and laundry instructions. I helped put in the new batteries and then it was time to leave. No-one or nothing interrupts Margaret's viewing of Bold and the Beautiful. I respect that. Everyone is entitled to at least one guilty TV pleasure. I have many of them but at least Foxtel allows me to rewind and replay the good bits. She was far happier and more settled than when I last saw her and she's giving orders which is a good sign. Unfortunately exactly how long she will be there is unknown. There were no batteries in the hearing aids when the doctor called. Hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment