-->

Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25. Day 145. If you lie down with dogs


 The saying goes "If you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas".
By this reckoning I should be flea infested.
 It's a sacrifice I would happily make.
My dogs go where I go and this week that has been bed more than is normal, even for me. They like to get up close and personal ... and that's in the good times.
It's even more so when I'm not well.
Dogs have a sixth sense. They are known for it. They may not diagnose. They may not dispense medication.  But they are very much part of the package that makes me feel better. While I'm pretty sure licking my extremities or lying on top of me has no therapeutic value as such, the presence of the canine care crew brings a smile to my dial. You can't argue with that (especially as I happen to know both dogs are up to date on their flea treatment. I look after them. They look after me).






No comments:

Post a Comment