-->

Friday, July 17, 2015

July 17. Day 198. Climb every mountain

There was 2.7 seconds today when I felt warm. It was just as I emerged from the JC Slaughter Falls track to the summit of Mount Cooth-tha and before the cold mountain wind hit.  Sure it's winter and that, almost by definition, means cold but this is crazy unseasonal by Brisbane standards. Indeed just a short car ride from here there was eight centimetres of snow overnight. Madness. It also seemed like madness when still in shorts and a T-Shirt I reached the summit lookout. Everyone else there was wrapped up like they were about to embark on a polar expedition. It didn't take long for me to understand why. Bloody hell. The only good news in all of this is that at least there's little chance that this will continue for very long and then we can all find something else to whinge about. And the view was pretty good too.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic view... but I have been hearing about how cold it is with you from other friends in Brisbane. All I can say is that it is your winter (albeit colder than your normal) but we are having similar temperatures here in Bonnie Scotland and it's our summer.
    I need to speak to whomever talked me into leaving Australia to come here. A 'serious' talk!!!
    Have a good weekend... keep cosy ;D

    ReplyDelete