-->

Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 14. Day 134. Drowning

Generally when I say I am drowning I am talking in a metaphoric sense. I point to a great flood of marking and gurgle about how I risk going under with the level now somewhere between my mouth and nose. There's enough air - but only just. But today, not so much. Today the sinking feeling is being brought about by the results of a pesky virus or more particular a post viral cough. This photo is actually a water feature at South Bank but it could easily be what's going on it my airways. I find moist to be a most unpleasant word whether it prefixes armpits or cough. I've heard it said that when it comes to death, drowning is far from the least pleasant way to go. Right now, I rather hope this is the case ...

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you do sound like you're suffering! I hope it clears up quickly as I rather like your way with words and want to continue to read more! Fantabulous photograph, as always; how you've managed to get the water shots just spot on I'll never know.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that almost looks nothing like rain - clever shot. and please dont drown any more lovely - get back up to the surface and breathe x

    ReplyDelete