-->

Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29. Day 180. Defying Gravity


Rather fan girl excited about tonight and the prospect of seeing Idina Menzel in concert with the Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
For those sadly uninitiated Idina played the original Elphaba in Wicked on Broadway. That makes her a hero in my eyes.
Wicked is one of those musicals that delights me every time I see it and Defying Gravity always reduces me to tears.
It's the big Elphaba number that closes act one sung soaring above the stage.
I have the tissues ready for tonight (if she sings it I'll cry. If she doesn't sing it I'll cry even harder).
Anyway I had Defying Gravity in my head this afternoon as I walked through Musgrave Park down near the Performing Arts Complex where tonight's concert will be staged.
What I saw in the park summed up my joy at the prospect of some gravity defying action tonight.
Dom, Jindy and Clara were testing the laws of gravity themselves with great effect.
A great warm up act for tonight. Bring it on.

3 comments: