-->

Thursday, May 9, 2019

May 9. Day 128. You know you're soaking in it



 Do you remember the dishwashing ad? The one with the tag line "pretty green..." "you know you're soaking in it". It was something about the detergent being very friendly on hands although the person with the soaking fingers was alarmed. This is probably a reasonable reaction. Bright green liquids are something we are normally alarmed about. So today I was at the University of Queensland lakes. The water was green, very green. my natural reaction was to keep the dogs away. Turns out I had reason to be suspicious. I saw a sign warning of algal and avoiding contact with the water - to be honest the sign felt too little too late but at least I had followed my instincts. But I couldn't help but consider the abundant wildlife that call the lakes home. What about them? Everything seemed to be going about business as usual. Let's hope so. The alternative would be devastating.








No comments:

Post a Comment