-->

Friday, May 17, 2019

May 17. Day 136. Surprise play


I saw a performance tonight the likes of which I've never seen before.
It was a physical theatre piece performed in an old substation at the Gabba.
For the purpose of the performance, the room was transformed into a rent-by-an-hour hotel room.
There all the types of things you might see in a dodgy hotel room played out. It was transfixing, funny, moving and provocative.
It was physical in every sense but beautiful rather than raunchy.
I left with a feeling of surprise and wonder and walked through the Stone Corner cafe strip.
There was something else I had expected - it's been a very long time since I've seen an old fashioned pin ball parlour. Indeed, I don't think I've ever seen a retro bar pinball parlour like this.
Everything old really is new again.










No comments:

Post a Comment