-->

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

May 8. Day 127. Signs of a life well lived


There comes a time of life where you are more likely to find yourself at a funeral than a wedding.  I've reached that stage. They are sad but important. One of the things I've noticed of late is the trend of having items special to the person whose life we are celebrating on the alter or the coffin. I like that. It's a special touch. I've seen everything from a Wiggles' toy on an infant's coffin to carpenter's tools. Sure we are more than things but things are powerful symbols. Which has me thinking, what would I choose for myself. What things do people associate with me? For some reason I pondered that more than might be reasonable.
So I thought... my camera, something associated with dogs obviously, a newspaper, shells or something to do with the beach and perhaps a play program. A doona and pillow might be weird but the Ancient Egyptians sent you to the afterlife with things you'd need and Snoozen needs the snooze. I'm not planning on doing this any time soon and things change but that's me for now.









No comments:

Post a Comment